Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an hp envy 2013 model got the message "no boot disk has been detected or disk has failed"

hp envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

tried to boot up hp envy purchased new in 2013, got the message " no boot disk detected or disk has failed" can anyone assist me

pedrobir

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,009
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an hp envy 2013 model got the message "no boot disk has been detected or disk has failed"

Hi! @pedrobir, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand hard drive on your laptop has failed.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you are getting no boot disk has been detected error message on your PC.

Seems like the hard drive on your laptop has failed.

You may have to replace the hard drive and reinstall Windows.

From the main menu, you can run hardware tests and view the test logs, change the language, and access system information. This screen also shows the version number and the address for the UEFI website.
Use the following steps to open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to the main menu.
Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
In the main menu, click to select an option. To find out about your computer, for example, click System Information, and then click Hard drive.
If the hard drive test fails, please capture the failure ID and contact HP support for service options.

Refer this article to know more information about hard drive issues.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The computer is a hp envy desktop touch screen 2013 model
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,009
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pedrobir, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for getting back to us.

Did you try the steps recommended in my previous thread?

Did you perform a hard drive test on your PC?

Try running a hard drive diagnostics on your PC check if the hard drive is functioning correctly.

If the hard drive test fails, please contact HP support for service options.

You should also check that the data and power cables and connectors are securely attached and not damaged.

You can also boot into BIOS/UEFI to see if the hard drive is being detected. You could also try a different SATA connector to rule out a bad connector. 

To boot into BIOS try the steps recommended below.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. Once you are in BIOS go to system configuration tab and check if the hard drive is listed.
  4. If the hard drive is not listed try reseating the power cable and SATA connector on the hard drive and check if it helps.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation