Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-03-2022 03:53 PM
For a couple of weeks, the following problem has been going on:
I will open the lid to my laptop, and, while the indicator lights on my keyboard will turn on (e.g. on the power, microphone, camera, and mute keys), the screen will remain black. Every time, I must hold the power button until the computer shuts off so that I may turn it on again. After turning on, the laptop will be on but overall unresponsive (lagging) for a couple of minutes.
Oddly, this occurs in seasons, almost. A couple of days will go by where I do not have the issue and opening the lid will immediately display the login screen. However, the periods during which this problem occurs are longer.
I've tried moving some settings to change what opening and closing the lid does (e.g. shut off, sleep, etc.), but this did not help.
I am operating on Windows 11.
Thank you in advance!
01-07-2022 11:38 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
- Have you tried creating a new power plan?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community