Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Workstation Z820

I need to flash my bios with one bin version since the day it came out of factory.

I need J63_0101 or J63_0102 bios file (.bin) or the SP XXXXXX name of those two for Z820 to look for it on ftp. 

Is there any solution for finding one or both of these files/filenames (SPxxxxxx)?

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

HP Z820 Workstations System BIOS

03.96 Rev.A19.8 MBDec 16, 2019

Download

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-z820-workstation/5225041

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-z820-workstation/5225041/manuals

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I found those info myself long time ago. I need those specific image. Can you help me or you just give me info that I can find myself and everybody else? Your answer has nothing to do with my question!!!!

HP Recommended

Sorry, you did not specify exactly the problem
I actually gave the last available SP file from the product page, I don't know if the previous ones are still available for this model
Old files are often removed when obsolete / and or for security reasons (bad bios, no longer usable)
Now just extract the file in order to find the BIN files there.
So you will find the J63_0396.bin, in the one given

[edit]

you can find other versions from the given support page as well.

the oldest available so maybe this one

HP Z820 Workstations System BIOS

3.88 Rev.A19.7 MBJun 19, 2015

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-z820-workstation/5225041/swItemId/wk-2...

This package contains the System BIOS image and flash utilities for HP Z820 Workstations. These utilities can be used to restore or update the System BIOS. System BIOS is independent of the operating system. To determine the BIOS family and BIOS date, press F10 on the target workstation during Power On to run the Computer Setup Utility, and then select File/"System Information". This information can be saved into a text file on a USB flash media device by selecting File/"Save to Removable Storage Device".

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The oldest bios for Z820 available on HP ftp is J63_0112. But I need J63_0101 or J63_0102. I need to flash it on my machine in order to be like it went out of factory! My bios work no more and I have a dead workstation. Can you help or not? I tried everything that is offered as solution on HP forum! I talked to HP and they said it is very logical to have that bios written in order to recover my PC.

HP Recommended

If you have a problem with your motherboard, just because you are going to try the very first bios doesn't mean that it will work.
Why not try the ones available simply.

I can' t give a version that may not be available from HP anymore

if need i can continue to search

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I tried those available versions and they don't work. The behavior oh the pc changes but still no image. It is not about the video card. I used 4 different cards. I talked with 2 different PC engineers and both recommended to flash the original bios that was on this machine when it came out of factory. But I can't find that image. HP consultant told me that he found a specs sheet of this machine from the moment of factory state and the bios was J63_0101.

HP Recommended

So the question is
did you succeed in flashing the bios ?
If the flash is correct, regardless of the version, the computer should work!
now nothing says you don't have another problem
So,  say more about this computer !

the oldest found from memory is version 1.07 mentioned, but I don't know which version you are ultimately referring to
searches with your given reference are zero

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.