Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp280g4mt
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I tried to uninstall Windows 10 and Install Windows 7 PRO SP1 64-bit but failed for sometimes because my usb keyboard and mouse is not working when installation is in process and I need to use keyboard or mouse to continue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your computer probably was "designed for Windows 10", not for Windows 7.

So, the Windows 7 Installation Media, dating from 2011 to 2015, does not recognize the USB chips on the new motherboard. Thus, your USB devices (printer, keyboard, mouse, webcam) will not work.

Microsoft's support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020.

So, why are you trying to install an "unsupported" operating system ?

Windows 10 has been available since July 29, 2015. All the "initial" problems with it have been resolved.

Even if you do find a work-around for keyboard & mouse support, I think that Windows 7 will not have device-drivers for any "integrated video" or "integrated sound-card".  So, you could have "battles" getting Windows 7 to work properly.

HP Recommended

Part of the problem might be that the use of the USB 3.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse.  This manual shows the back of the PC, under the title Quick Specs on page 2

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c05979334.pdf

For the USB 2.0 ports use item #8 as  Windows 7 does not have drivers for the USB 3.0 chipsets.  And there may well be other problems similar to what @itsmyname  points outs.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.