Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
p7-1410
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Someone took over my computer as administrator without my permission. This is the window that opened saying Permissions for default icon.Mean while I can't open up windows .
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

I am having issue understanding what is happening. What is " Permissions for default icon"?

I suggest, if you have been hacked. that you immediately recover system with HP recovery discs or a good system image stored offline. I hope you have backed up data to offline storage prior to this happening.

Think about changing all passwords for sensitive web accounts you may have.

Think about the security software you are using and maybe looking for a different solution. What software are you using now to protect your PC?

Grzy

HP Recommended

I mean my user account  has been changed I can't open up my files. access denied. I am no longer administrator. I am trying to reinstaller windows 8.1 on my desktop computer, and on windows setup load driver I click to load driver, and that's when I get stuck I can't go beyond this window.

HP Recommended

Hi Rosey

Having a problem in knowing what is happening.

Can you log in to Windows 8.1? You stated the user account has changed and you can't open files. Or are you telling me you can't log on to Windows 8.1?

Please explain what media you are using to reinstall Windows. HP Recovery discs or HP USB recovery stick, Windows installation disc, or something else?

Sometimes, when reinstalling Windows using Microsoft Windows installation disc/USB, if the BIOS is set to RAID (most of the HP PC's I have are defaulted to this setting in the BIOS) Windows needs an AMD or Intel RAID driver to run setup.

HP recovery media does not need this as the factory image on the recovery media has the correct RAID driver.

So I can't help you unless you give more detail on exactly what you are doing, what recovery media you are using, and what is happening.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.