Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
IPISB-CU
Unknown

Hi everyone, recently I purchased an ipisb-cu motherboard and i5-2400 processor secondhand from a reputable seller. Both of these were working when shipped out. However, after putting them into a pc, I couldn't boot. I was getting an error that said the CPU i was using is unsupported by the motherboard. This can't be the case, however, as the desktop this motherboard was pulled from originally used this same i5-2400. I tried resetting the CMOS on the motherboard, but it still gave me the same error. I attempted to access the bios, but could not. I also tried updating the bios from a  flash drive, which also did not work. Is my motherboard broken?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Here is a (Link) to the system board specs; it supports a i5-2400. Are you using compatible RAM?

Carefully examine to CPU socket for any bent pins.

Try removing and reseating the installed RAM with the MB battery removed to, again, reset CMOS.

Are you connecting the four pin EPS power supply connector in addition to the 24 pin MB connector to power the CPU and the MB?

Try a POST (Power On Self Test) with only both PSU power connections and no RAM to see if you can get a BIOS POST error code. It would be impossible to update the BIOS if the device will not POST.

Do not connect any other add-in components or unneccesary peripherals.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.