Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6200 pro MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi everyone,

I wanna install windows xp on my hp compaq 6200 pro mt but it shows me a bleu screen with the error code stop : 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, ....). I made some search and founded that iI have to change the SATA option from AHCI to IDE or ATA, the problem is that i cant found this option on my current Bios V02.06 2011-06-09. I downloaded the last version form hp website but i didnt make anychange on the bios, it's still tha same.

I've seen a lot of videos before post my question here but all dont give me a solution.

thank you so much for any help 🙂  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Leave the BIOS setting on ahci.

You have to slipstream the sata ahci drivers. 

I have zipped up and attached the XP 32 bit drivers you need to slipstream, and the instructions to slipstream the drivers, below.

Slipstream the entire driver folder.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

First of all thank you so much. I just opened my account and see your answer.

I'was trying to do exactly step by step what you have explained in pdf file. I arrived at step 10, but when I double left clicked on iaAHCIC file it didn't show me: Driver Integration options Box where I can choose Textmode driver and select all drivers by holding “CTRL+ A” keys.  It showed me Drivers Box with one line with : Provide (Intel), mode (PNP), Type(HDC), version(12.9.1.1001), date(10/28/2013), Path xxxx

Really I dont know if I have to continue or do somethinh else...

Thank you so much again 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

When I did it years ago, I just slipstreamed the entire folder with the drivers in it, not just the single driver.

If you can't get it to work, go into the BIOS, change the drive controller to IDE, install XP (it should install with no issues), and then after you do that, let me know, and I will give you the steps to install the AHCI driver after you install XP in IDE mode.

It is just a bit more complicated to do it that way but it can be done.

It is also easy to install XP when you load the driver by pressing the F6 key at the beginning of the XP installation process, but you can only do it that way if you have a USB floppy disk drive and floppy disk.

HP Recommended

The problem is that there is no option in the Bios to change the SATA from AHCI to IDE or ATA. I dowloaded the last version of bios, executed it but nothing changed... I still have the same version which is V02.06 2011-06-09

HP Recommended

There should be.

Mine has 3 settings, IDE, AHCI and RAID.

Here is the link to the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04224518

Check the F10 setup guide in chapter 2, page 8. for the location of the drive controller settings.

It shouldn't matter what BIOS revision you have.  Mine had them right out of the box when I bought the PC brand new in 2011.  Probably had the same BIOS version as yours.

Storage>Storage Options>SATA Emulation.

SATA Emulation:

Allows you to choose how the SATA controller and devices are accessed by the operating

system. There are three supported options: IDE, RAID, and AHCI (default).

IDE - This is the most backwards-compatible setting of the three options. Operating systems

usually do not require additional driver support in IDE mode.

RAID - Allows DOS and boot access to RAID volumes. Use this mode with the RAID device driver

loaded in the operating system to take advantage of RAID features.

AHCI (default option) - Allows operating systems with AHCI device drivers.

If you can't change the storage settings, and you can't slipstream the drivers, then buy/borrow a USB FDD and a couple of floppy disks, and install the AHCI driver that way.

I will help you with that if you have to go that route.  I normally use a USB FDD to install the AHCI drivers on XP.

I kind of find it rather fun to do for some odd reason.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Paule,

In fact, in the bios storage configuration it didnt show me the three options AHCI, IDE and RAId as mentionned in the manuel.

In mine I have only one option which is AHCI mode, BUT HERE IS THE TRICK, when I selected it and press OK it showed me a message that if I accept changes .... After pressing Ok to confirm the the IDE mode is shown. 

NOW I have the two options AHCI and IDE but NO MORE and I can select whatever I want 🙂

Thank you 🙂  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

So now are you in IDE mode?

You can install XP in IDE mode and if you can't select AHCI in the  drive controller settings, after you do the steps I will give you to install the sata driver in IDE mode, you can try setting the BIOS to its defaults, which is found under the File menu.

Hopefully it will return to AHCI (the default) and then you will be fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.