Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Elite HPE-028ch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My current BIOS version is 5.13 (03 March 2010). I was wondering if there might be an update since I can't seem to find anything on my own. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
this series is no longer referenced by HP,  end of support
As a result, no more driver and software available
The only possibility would be to have the reference of the motherboard, if luckily used in a series still available, we could perhaps have a bios!
From my research, it could be this:

Indio-UL8E

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c01946060
can you confirm ...

But I'm afraid nothing is available

[edit]

No functional guarantee
If this is the model found
you have the same motherboard here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-500-desktop-pc-series/5035344/model/50836...

, with a bios available
So at your own risk

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find your PC using Pavillion Elite HPE-028ch. The product number sticker is usually on the side panel.

Chances are slim you will find a current BIOS update since your current BIOS version 5.13 (March 2010).

Why are you looking for a BIOS update?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello
this series is no longer referenced by HP,  end of support
As a result, no more driver and software available
The only possibility would be to have the reference of the motherboard, if luckily used in a series still available, we could perhaps have a bios!
From my research, it could be this:

Indio-UL8E

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c01946060
can you confirm ...

But I'm afraid nothing is available

[edit]

No functional guarantee
If this is the model found
you have the same motherboard here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-500-desktop-pc-series/5035344/model/50836...

, with a bios available
So at your own risk

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz!

My product number is VS445AA#UUZ. I don't know if that's the right one, but that's what the HP Support Assistant is telling me. Hope that's helpful!

Edit: The reason I want to update is I want to be able to mess around with CPU overclocking.
Screenshot_1.png

HP Recommended

Hi Promethee

HP Recommended

if the reason is for the overclock, I'm afraid it won't change much
In general, except for recent models, this is not an option.

Take the risk for a fairly old pc, for a result to be discussed, I strongly advise you, not to try overclock

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

It's too much of a risk, I agree. I guess I'll just have to upgrade to a better motherboard and CPU altogether. 
Thanks for your help! 

HP Recommended

You're welcome @Euronius 

⬇️

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.