Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Z620 was experiencing crashes, freezes and extremely slow boot up. After investigating some of blue screen messages (They don't give you much time to document the error before its gone) I caught the last one which was a KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR which indicated a hardware failure.

Upon a process of elimation (GPU, RAM) I isolated the issue to one or both of my internal SATA data drive(s). I think its a RAID 0 configuration (I cant remember) but is there any way I can mount this as an external drive without tripping out my OS so I can recover some data?

I put one of the drives back in but it shows  up as a drive icon with a question mark and nothing happens when I try to open it.

Would restarting in safe mode or tinkering with the BIOS help my situation? I just wanna take the data to a external and replace the internal drives.

Julz77_0-1614469595032.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Faulty drive established as the cause.

The kind IT experts at my workplace managed to salvage some of the most important data by removing the drives from the boot stage and transferring the data between crashes.

Unfortunately the remaining data seems lost forever as the drives were in a RAID 0 striped configuration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.