Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How to remove the password to enter the BIOS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is definitely a green password jumper on the motherboard.

You need to find it...here is a picture of the 6300 Pro SFF motherboard.  The green jumper is located to the right, and below the black SATA port in the picture, and to the left of that flat rectangular black chip labeled nuvoton? in white lettering.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the service manual below, chapter 10, pages 196-197 for how to clear the BIOS P/W...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04034127

HP Recommended

To my regret, the password does not allow to enter F10, even in the boot selection menu. The system works and that's it. Thank you.SKU# H5S58ES#ACB

HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you remove the green clear password jumper from the motherboard as set forth in the instructions in chapter 10 of the manual I posted?

If you followed the instructions and the P/W was not cleared, then you will need a new motherboard to have full functionality of the PC.  See the top of page 196 for this message...

CAUTION: If you enable the stringent security feature in Computer Setup and you forget the setup

password or the power-on password, the computer is inaccessible and can no longer be used.

Enabling the stringent password disables the ability to reset the password by moving the jumper on the

system board.

If you lose or forget the password, the system board must be replaced. This scenario is not covered

under warranty.

HP Recommended

I did not have a jumper, but a button. I tried everything that you suggested, but the password remains after resetting the CMOS. I hope there is another way besides replacing the system board.

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is definitely a green password jumper on the motherboard.

You need to find it...here is a picture of the 6300 Pro SFF motherboard.  The green jumper is located to the right, and below the black SATA port in the picture, and to the left of that flat rectangular black chip labeled nuvoton? in white lettering.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I saw this jumper on the board, but near the battery there is a button for resetting CMOS. And something else is written on the jumper. I will look carefully, then I will write.

HP Recommended

No one could help me, only you! Thank you so much, deleted the jumper and the password request was gone. The BIOS menu became active. I saved a lot of money with your help!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.