Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EX900 m.2 1TB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I added a HP EX 900 SSD 1TB to my desktop and installed W10 Home replacing the 2TB HDD as the boot drive that was in it The EX 900 ran just fine from Oct 5,2019 (the day I installed it) to November 28,2019.What happened? Furthermore, HP has been absolutely NO help.One of their customer service reps asked me "what is a SSD?" Another told me that my HP desktop (hp envy 795-00137cb,purchased October 4,2019) nor the formentioned SSD (purchased September 9,2019) did not exist. What's going on HP? Attached is a picture of the ssd that does not exist,yet HP makes and sells...ssd pic.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After tinkering around with various bios options and trying to hard reset the computer,I realized I was dealing with a dead drive.I returned it and purchased a Samsung EVO plus (970) and my computer is back to normal. Thanks yet again for putting with my faulty  m.2 SSD (musta got a lemon HP),my computer and myself.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

HP Recommended

The desktop that I had it in  was a brand new HP Envy 795-0137cb.It has a dedicated m.2 slot and I had a brand new never used HP EX900 m.2 SSD.I purchased the desktop from Sam's Club and I purchased the SSD  from Walmart.com and their one of their third party dealers Platinum Micro.I replaced the stock 2TB HDD that came with the HP ENVY with the SSD.I also placed a fresh  copy of Windows 10 Home on the SSD and it ran fine...until Thanksgiving 2019 that is. That day, I tried to boot the computer only to get a "No Boot Device" message error3F0.Here's the thing,the desktop works just fine with other SSDs but not this one...at least not this one anymore.

HP Envy 795-0137cb

HP EX 900 SSD 1TB m.2

64GB

Nvidia 1650 (Don't laugh...that's all I could get thanks to HP and their "Proprietary" a/k/a "lame" PSU

HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-795-0000-desktop-pc-series/19390486/model/27210778/manu...

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5QA55AA

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-795-0000-desktop-pc-series/19390486/model/27210778/docu...

Hi
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

Should give a 24 char error code.

How old is the PC and SSD?

From ??? to "until Thanksgiving 2019 

HP Recommended

LBB,The SSD was ordered on September 9th,2019 and arrived on September 13th,2019 in anticipation of purchasing the desktop which was purchased on October 4th,2019.The SSD literally sat in the box for almost a month waiting for the desktop.Following your tips right now...

HP Recommended

So

Belt and Braces.

IF both / all the HDD's / SDD's had an OS fitted then it should always boot.

You could have 2 or more BOOT managers in the BIOS...

BIOS Boot One.pngBoot Man x 5.jpg

I seem to have 5.  

HP Recommended

After tinkering around with various bios options and trying to hard reset the computer,I realized I was dealing with a dead drive.I returned it and purchased a Samsung EVO plus (970) and my computer is back to normal. Thanks yet again for putting with my faulty  m.2 SSD (musta got a lemon HP),my computer and myself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.