Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It takes 2 or 3 attempts for me to boot my pc

HP Envy h8-1534
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So, I have an HP Envy h8-1534 desktop, and it takes 2 or 3 attempts for to boot when turned on. When I turn it on, I can hear the fans start working, and the HP logo comes up, but nothing else happens. It stays on the HP logo indefinetely. I have to turn my computer off and back on 2 or 3 times for it to actually boot. I took a look inside of the computer, and it is INFESTED with dust. Could this be the cause?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It takes 2 or 3 attempts for me to boot my pc

> I took a look inside of the computer, and it is INFESTED with dust. Could this be the cause?

Yes, it could.  Nothing that a can of compressed-air, and a few Q-tips cannot remedy.

> The HP logo comes up, but nothing else happens. It stays on the HP logo indefinitely.

> I have to turn my computer off and back on 2 or 3 times for it to actually boot.

This is a symptom of a much-worse problem:

• failing power-supply
  • failing motherboard
  • failing disk-drive

When you power-on your HP computer, launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics, and run the tests, to check for hardware problems.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation