Jamie01
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Kernal-Power Event ID 41 troubleshooting

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've got a machine that will crash daily. The information in the Event Viewer is Kernal-Power Event ID 41"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

So I'm trying to troubleshoot that. I figured I'd start by updating the BIOS and drivers. My first problem is that HP offers two different BIOS updates, but I'm not sure which one to select.

H-RS880-UATX Motherboard BIOS Update

6.11 Rev. A 1.7 MB Jun 25, 2012

OR

N-Alvorix-RS880 Motherboard BIOS Update

6.07 Rev. A 1.6 MB Sep 23, 2011

both of which are newer than what is currently installed. HP Support Assistant says System Board: 2AB1 1.00 System BIOS 6.06.

If someone could help me select the BIOS that would be a start. If someone could also chime in on troubleshooting the crashes, that would be great as well.

1 REPLY 1
krzemien
Level 7
731 713 31 171
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation