Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thin Client T630

All,

I am trying to get a thin client up and running.  I originally tried to use an image from older T610s which caused some bad display issues.  I was finally able to run a factory reset on the unit to try and start fresh, but upon reboot I was greeted with a jumped pixelated screen.  After this, I had to forcefully reboot, and now the error I'm receiving is;

Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000007

Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 3.8.13-hp #4

Call trace:

panic+0x7d/0x165

do_exit+0x771/0x880

do_group_exit+0x2e/0x80

get_signal_to_deliver+0x194/0x520

__lock_page_or_retry+0xb0/0xb0

handle_pte_fault+0x9b/0xa20

vmalloc_sync_all+0x10/0x10

do_signal+0x25/0x860

__rb_insert_augmented+0x79/0x170

is_prefetch.isra.20.part.21+0x13/0x116

__lock_page_or_retry+0xb0/0xb0

vmalloc_snyc_all+0x10/0x10

__do_page_fault+0x3e7/0x400

vm_mmap_pgoff+0x73/0x90

do_notify_resume+0x4d/0x60

work_notifysig+0x24/0x29

At this point it just hangs until it's physically turned off.  I understand I likely made a mistake trying to use the T610 image and likely need to set this unit up from scratch.  I'm just trying to get the thin client back to that stage.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.