Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp paviliontx2600
Microsoft Windows Vista

Please help, when booting the power, light, fun on. The caps lock and num lock lights are blinking. Cd drive sounds like reading the cd when putting the recovery cd. But screen is black. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Aiv143

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

What is the sequence of the lights blinking on the caps lock and the num lock key?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know and do:

There are many reasons that a computer does not startup or boot into the Windows operating system. If your computer will not start or boot, you will see or hear symptoms to indicate the general area of the problem. If you are not sure what the problem is, see Overview of How to Troubleshoot Problems When a Computer Does Not Start Up or Boot Properly.

Startup Symptom: LEDs glow, but the computer fails to startup or boot and displays a black screen

• Use this document if the LEDs glow to indicate that power is available and the sound of a fan or spinning hard drive can be heard, but no colors, images, or text are displayed on the LCD display.
  • Do not use this document if there are no sounds from the computer when the power is turned on. You should check for a different problem; such as a loose RAM memory chip or disconnected hard drive.

The cause of this problem may be the failure of a hardware component or an error in the instruction being sent from the BIOS to a hardware component.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE (Before you begin troubleshooting your computer - Onward)

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.