Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-bs289wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This all started because I wanted to hear sound for a video game and because my Xbox companion was faulty. I had the great idea to factory reset my laptop and I knew ahead of time that this process was going to be slow. So I left my room for a couple of hours only to realize that my laptop had died while downloading resetting. No problem I thought, easy fix, so then I boot up my laptop and read windows download at 64% your pc will restart several times. I'm like oh for sure I'll just wait a few hours. I come back a few hours later and see that my laptop is resetting over and over again displaying the same stupid message every minute. Something is clearly wrong so I go on the internet to try to find ways to fix them but none of them can help me because they don't have the same problem as me. My laptop still says " Installing windows 64% Don't turn off your pc. this may take a while. Your pc will restart several times. It's been a day and you're still stuck on 64% somebody help me I'm about to go insane.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@C0l0RORC0l0UR Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop stuck in an infinite boot loop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Do you get errors on the screen?

Are you able to access BIOS page or F2 from your PC?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Please share the product number and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

Try few steps recommended below.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a removable battery, use the following steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

The computer starts normally or a startup menu opens.

NOTE:

If your computer does not start after pressing the Power button, then a power reset did not solve the startup issue. See Additional resources for further troubleshooting steps.

1. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

2. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

3. Your laptop has been reset. After a power reset, it is a good idea to run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. See Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, and Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7) for more information.

If you are able to access the recovery partition try performing a system recovery on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system recovery. Click Here

Try recovering the BIOS on your PC to a previous version and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about recovering BIOS. Link

Also, if you are able to access BIOS try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

If you are able to access system diagnostics (F2) try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components are working fine.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.