• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop reboots when unplugged.

Hp Envy x360 m6-w103dx

About a month ago my laptop started turning itself off when unplugged and rebooting in order to turn on. When it's plugged in it loads fine and functions as normal. I have checked the settings for power and I have it set to go into sleep mood while plugged in and unplugged. When it reboots it is kind of slow and will ask me to press a key to stop disk check. So, my question is has anyone had this issue before and how were you able to fix it? I am a student and it's really inconveniet.  Also, it has done this before but kind of just fixed on it's own. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 8
1,017 985 31 90
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@belle313 wrote:

About a month ago my laptop started turning itself off when unplugged and rebooting in order to turn on. When it's plugged in it loads fine and functions as normal. I have checked the settings for power and I have it set to go into sleep mood while plugged in and unplugged. When it reboots it is kind of slow and will ask me to press a key to stop disk check. So, my question is has anyone had this issue before and how were you able to fix it? I am a student and it's really inconveniet.  Also, it has done this before but kind of just fixed on it's own. 

The checkdisk is because the sudden loss of power is bad for the hard drive and the filesystem.

You should let it finish.

I don't understand what "rebooting in order to turn it on" means.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The check disk is no longer there when it reboots. I didn't mean to type "reboot in order to turn on." I just meant that it reboots.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
1,017 985 31 90
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It would be a good idea to run Hardware Test on the PC.  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ran the test and it passed everything and said the battery was ok.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
1,017 985 31 90
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shut down the PC when you are done for the day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I am a student.

Middle school?

High school?

College?

University?

Often, a college or a university will have a "Computer Help Desk", where students can get free assistance with their computers, with "first-level" support provided by senior-level students, backed-up by "second-level" employees who supervise those students.

Have you tried that resource?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation