Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My Laptop has been in a boot loop for a couple days and I have tried just about everything to fix it. I have done system/component tests on all systems including an extensive test on the hard drive. I have also tried a hard reset by holding the power button for 15 seconds and then powering on. I went to the bios setup screen and saw nothing that would change the booting system. I did press and hold the windows key and the V key as a powered on which brought me to a screen which told me that my CMOS had an error. I am not super techy so I don't know what that means which is why I came here.

If anyone else can help me I would really appreciate it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@joey_styn 

See if you can follow these directions to do a BIOS recovery:  HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS | HP® Customer Support

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi! 

Thanks for the response, I was able to download the BIOS recovery file on my to my flash drive, however, it did not help in starting my laptop.

If you have any other suggestions or know a trick to getting the file onto my laptop I would love to hear it.

Thanks, Joey

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.