Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was doing some task on Chrome browser when suddenly a blue screen error popped up and the PC automatically restarted. Before this, Windows automatically downloaded an update and required a restart to install the update. So while restarting with the blue screen error, my pc freezed and needed forced shut down. The PC freezed again and I had to force again for shut down. On this 2nd attempt, while it was forced for shut down something appeared for a flash of a second while shutting down. Since then, my PC won't light up. No response. Just the power light lights up and an LED on the CapsLock key is blinking. No update on screen. Can you please help me out with what is this problem about and what is the solution?

P.S.: I have tried removing and setting the RAM. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Prataoy09 Note that specific patterns of long and short blinks along with long and short beeps (where applicable) identify errors during the startup process.
Newer computers have two-part blink sequences with different color lights to indicate specific errors and you may click here and troubleshoot on your own or respond with the sequence of blinks and we'll help you out.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.