Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
P6270Z CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community,

I have an old desktop: HP P6270Z.

Where can I download the latest BIOS for my desktop?

Thank you,

Henry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Henry_s Here's everything you need to know about updating BIOS:

(does not apply for obsolete products older than 4yrs)

Download and install updates to the computer BIOS. This process is also known as 'flashing the BIOS'.

CAUTION: 

Only install BIOS updates from HP. Installing the BIOS incorrectly can prevent the computer from starting or being recovered. If your computer is managed by an IT service, contact them for the correct update process.

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.

• The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.

• HP support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Henry_s Here's everything you need to know about updating BIOS:

(does not apply for obsolete products older than 4yrs)

Download and install updates to the computer BIOS. This process is also known as 'flashing the BIOS'.

CAUTION: 

Only install BIOS updates from HP. Installing the BIOS incorrectly can prevent the computer from starting or being recovered. If your computer is managed by an IT service, contact them for the correct update process.

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.

• The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.

• HP support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My desktop is older than 4 years.

is there a third party location you can recommend where I can download the bios?

HP Recommended

@Henry_s If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.