Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
14-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my laptop when I open Microsoft application eg: Settings, M Edge, Sticky notes and more. the icon on the taskbar doesn't show. If you look at it in Search it just comes up with a piece of folded paper.

I have updated every bit of software and it is still the same!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Matt89 Welcome to HP Forums!

I have a few steps to help you out:

Step 1. Click on the "Windows" key and type "Powershell".

Step 2. Right click on the Powershell option in the output list and click on "Run as administrator" option from the drop-down menu to launch it with admin privileges.

Step 3. Now copy-paste the following command in the blue Powershell dialogue box:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

The process will take some time to execute the output successfully.

Re-registering the Taskbar using Windows Powershell

Step 4. After the command line has been executed, trace the following location: C:/Users/name/AppData/Local/ Replace the "name" with your user account name and make sure that your hidden files showing feature are enabled.

Step 5. Now scroll down the list of options and find out the file named "TileDataLayer" and simply delete the folder.

Now move back to the system home screen and check if the icons have re-appeared or not on the taskbar. If you have actuated the steps as exactly as explained then definitely your attempt would be successful.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

@Matt89 please exit out of the power shell and try the registry edit I suggested recently as it should help resolve the issue.

I hope this help!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.