Lincolnbridgein
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Missing drivers

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 584037
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Trying to factory reset the PC and its telling me I have missing drivers and no operating system

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,527
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have seen a "no operating system" error message at system POST. This error usually means you literally have no operating system or the HDD has failed.

I have seen a missing driver prompt when installing Windows using Microsoft installation media.This error usually means you need to add a specific driver because the installation media cannot proceed without this driver. This error could also occur when using HP recovery media if you have unnecessary USB or other unrecognized devices connected to the PC when doing a factory recovery.

Run hardware tests; start the PC, tap "ESC'. select "F2", run system tests.

Only connect the mouse, keyboard, and monitor when doing a factory reset.

You need to provide additional background information.

Impossible to assist you at this point.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation