Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor does not recover

HP Envy Curved All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I step away from my computer more than a couple of hours, I cannot recover my monitor.  I can hear the computer running, but my monitor stays black.  I have to manually restart every time.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,233 26,188 2,181 3,348
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor does not recover

@Kiihnl

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it, shall we..

I recommend we start with turning off the hybrid sleep, as that could cause such issues, Click here to View this video on YouTube:

1. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

2. Make sure the View by setting is set to Category, and then click Hardware and Sound.

3. Click Power Options.

4. Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

6. Expand Sleep, and then expand Allow hybrid sleep.

7. Select Off from the On battery drop-down menu, and then select Off from the Plugged in drop-down menu.

8. Click OK.​​​

If the issue persists, the best way ahead, is to go back into "Change plan settings" for the power plan that is selected & Select Never under the drop down for turn off the display & tune the put your computer to sleep - "To your preferred time" as it should resolve the issue.

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off,

as I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge, and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor does not recover

Thanks for the reply; however, I have Windows 10 and my computer is not a laptop. so I don't have those options.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor does not recover

@Kiihnl wrote:

Every time I step away from my computer more than a couple of hours, I cannot recover my monitor. 

I can hear the computer running, but my monitor stays black.  I have to manually restart every time.

Within Windows 10 "settings", open the "power" application.

You could change the time before the screen enters "power-saving" mode.

Or, when the screen is dark, try a quick "tap" on the desktop's ON/OFF button.  Does that "wake" the computer?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation