• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor flickering on and off rapidly

Pavillion 27xw
My monitor (which is on auto-turn off mode) will flicker on and off rapidly the second its connected to power without responding to the power button. It doesnt matter if its connected to anything via HDMI or not. I can’t tell if this is a problem with the monitor itself or with a possibly corrupted power cord. Im unable to adjust any settings because I literally cannot turn the monitor on.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor flickering on and off rapidly

> I can’t tell if this is a problem with the monitor itself or with a possibly corrupted power-adapter.

How new is the monitor -- is the original HP Warranty still active? If so, contact HP, to get repair/replacement.

Can you take a MultiMeter, and measure the voltage & wattage produced by the power adapter?

Maybe, replace the power-adapter, via eBay

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation