Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 20fi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have recently updated my windows version from 32bit to 64bit os , but as i turn on the pc it just shows the intel logo and says monitor going to sleep .... but the cpu is still running! i tried to open pc in safe mode  and it works fine in safe mode ...if i restart it again normally it show the same issue (monitor going to sleep) .....so i again booted up in safe mode and opened device manager and selected display adapter and disabled the intel hd r graphics....and restarted the pc and now it doesnt show the issue ...but if i disable intel graphics driver i have some issues like... the videos in youtube or in other sites ..they play like having some glitch ...like that.....looking forward for someone who  can solve this....by the way i have tried uninstalling the intel driver and reinstalling it ...but as i uninstall ...it doestnt show for some time...as i open anything it again goes to sleep...and after restarting....i can see that intel graphics driver is still there..!! looking for some help!!  
mother board (DH16BF) 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Aman_kumar 

First of all, let's get some terms straight because it's important.  You can not UPDATE a PC from 32-bit to 64-bit.  Updating implies keeping the accounts, settings, personal data, and applications and simply overwriting the OS.  This can not be done when changing from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Instead, you have do to a complete reinstall of the OS -- and the really important part about this is that you most likely used media you got from Microsoft to do this, and that reinstall blew away all the HP drivers for your PC.  You are now relying on generic drivers that MS provides and those do not always work -- as you have seen with video issues.

Telling us the motherboard model is not useful -- what we need to know is the model of the desk top.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.