Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Must disconnect & reconnect power cord for HP Pavilion Desktop to power on

Pavilion Desktop Prod. X6F62AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday for no reason my computer would not boot up, finally I unplugged it and plugged it up again to the power source then pressed the on/off switch and it came on.  I've tried restarting, turning it completely off, and each time I have to unplug from the power source to get it to come on again.  This computer is exactly 1 year and 5 days old and now it does this.  I do hope someone can help!!

Thanks,

staytonfarms

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> This computer is exactly 1 year and 5 days old and now it does this. 

Ouch! that it happens a few days after the warranty may have expired.

Did you "register with HP" your computer when you first unboxed it?

That may have set the start-date for your warranty.

Access:  http://support.hp.com   and find the page that does a "warranty check" on your model-number & serial-number.

Also, scroll down-and-left on this page, and click "Contact HP", to open a support incident.

They may be "merciful", if your warranty have JUST expired, and agree to fix it, under warranty.

Are you sure that the problem did not occur within the first 365 days ???

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will try this.  I put in my number for someone to call but it has a note that if it's hardware the call will cost $59.9 to begin with so I may be doing myself a favor just to take it to a local repair shop and pay their price.  I had hoped you was correct and they may have mercy on me since it could have actually happened while in warranty.  I don't use it every day and when I turned it on or tried to turn it on on Saturday that's when I noticed I had a problem.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation