Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Today when I tried to turn on my desk top computer the power button started flashing and it was beeping 2 different tones. It would do one kind of beeps 3 times and the other 2 times and continue on like that until I turned off the PC. (Also if this is important, the blinking of the power button was sinked with the beeping)

I opened up the case and powered it on again but I wasn't able to locate the problem.  I have no idea what might be wrong so I would love it if anyone could help me.

This might make this whole post pointless but I do not know what the model number is for my PC(because I bought it off of Amazon), all I do know is that it was released in 2017 and the cereal number is CNV7360004.  Also the specs of the computer are: processer-intel i7-7700 quad-core, 12 GB DDR4 ram, Intel 630 integrated graphics, 1 TB hard drive. Visually the computer is black, the front panel has indented little dots and a reflective hp logo.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback that anyone could give. Also I'm hoping that the information I provided was enough to solve the problem but if it was not please feel free to ask any other questions and I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

-Anselw 

This is the Amazon page where I purchased this PC.This is the Amazon page where I purchased this PC.

Here is a link to that same page- 2017 Newest Premium HP Pavilion Business Flagship Desktop PC with Keyboard&Mouse Intel i7-7700 Quad-Core Processor 12GB DDR4 RAM 1TB 7200RPM HDD Intel Graphics 630 DVD-RW WIFI HDMI Windows 10-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771R5BQL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vaRmCbM2VY9MY

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Anselw

When you opened up the case did you try reseating the memory???

If that does not help then try installing 1 DIMM at a time???

REO

HP Recommended

I tried implementing your solution ls after reading your reply and I was met with the same result, but thank you for trying help!

HP Recommended

Note: all of the fans were spinning when I turned the computer on so I do not think it is a problem with the power.

HP Recommended

Hi

In addition to REO51ST's excellent answer...

You get a LONG (MAJOR) signal category, RED LED &

then a SHORT (MINOR) signal category, WHITE LED.

Major – the category of the error; Minor – specific error in that category

The AUDIBLE repeats 5 times, and the VISUAL until power is removed.

BIOS

The embedded controller policy requires the user to enter a key sequence.

1 Follow any prompts given.

2 If issue persists, attempt Sure Start Recovery.

Hardware

The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization.

Indicates potential memory failure.

1 Reseat memory.

2 Correct memory configuration.

3 Test with known good memory.

4 Replace affected component.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice! Since nothing else was working I went ahead and bought new ram and I am hoping for the best. If the problem is not fixed I will come back to the forum for any additional help I can get.

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.