Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@TMHO2018, Thanks for your quick response and time again.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned your issue got resolved after resoldering the hard drive SATA port.

I'm glad to hear that your issue got resolved. Also, you needed to know if you can use the TV tuner card on your PC in Windows 10.

Is Media Center supported in Windows 10?

No. Persons who need to use Media Center should consider carefully before upgrading from their previous version of Windows. The Windows 10 upgrade will automatically remove any installations of Media Center.

So what are the alternatives if I need Media Center?

Your best option is to continue running your existing version of Windows with Media Center.

• Windows 7 editions that include Media Center will continue to be supported until January 2020.
  • Windows 8 Pro with Media Center will continue to be supported until January 2023.

Will Windows Media Center be available in Windows 10?

Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after upgrading to Windows 10. If you use Windows Media Center, we will alert you during the upgrade that Windows Media Center is not available on Windows 10. We know that some users use Windows Media Center to play DVDs, and we are providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.

Source: https://hp.care/2LpDQnK

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have found that with Windows 10, I still can use theTV function of this computer.  There is no Windows Media Center in Windows 10.  It seems that without Windows Media Center, you cannot use the TV card to watch TV.  But that is wrong.  Windows Media Center is just one of the softwares that can use TV card to watch TV.  There are many similiar softwares you can use in Windows 10.  The one I am using is NextPVR which is free.

I appreciate MrRobot's help and suggestion that the SATA port is defective.

HP Recommended

@TMHO2018, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you can use other apps to use the TV tuner on your PC.

Sure you can use third-party applications to use the TV tuner card. But HP does not recommend our customers to use third-party applications.

So I didn't recommend you in using third-party applications.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Take care,

Have a great weekend ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.