cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Alexnadros
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP AiO doesn't boot

HP Recommended
HP 22-c0024nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i decided to upgrade the memory RAM of my AiO (the product is HP 22-c0024nv). As i was removing the screen to reach the memory ram sockets the Ribbon Cable that it was connected to the motherboard was removed by accident, i didn't put it back and let it be while i was installing the new ram. As soon as I installed the second RAM (note: it was a PATRIOT 3200MHZ 8GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM) i put the ribbon cable back to it's socket. I assembled back my AiO and as soon as i pressed the power button, the AiO powered up successfully but the screen was pitch black. I removed the new ram and left it with the old one and then i tried again to power it up, same thing unfortunately, pitch black. I left the old ram inside the AiO (note: the old ram is a Micron DDR4 3200MHZ SODIMM 4GB) and after an hour i tried again to power it up, this time as soon as it powered up it started to beep loudly and it did the exact pattern, three beeps with a pause in between and two simultaneously, and i observed that the light of the power button it was synchronized with the beeps. Can anyone help me? Is the ribbon cable damaged? Or is the new RAMs that made the fault? It's the only workstation that i have for mh university and my job.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,145 7,830
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alexnadros 

If a ribbon cable gets forcefully pulled out, that can damage the socket so the when you reconnect, it no longer works properly.  This sounds like what happened to yours and unfortunately, we have no diagnostics we can provide you that you could use to check this out.

I don't know that anyone else can do this, either -- but you can see if a local PC repair place can look at it.  But if the socket is damaged, HP does not sell motherboard parts, so there will really be no way you can replace it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation