Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF wont turn on. Can someone help me fix it?

HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I attempt to turn on my computer all it does is turn the fans on. After the fans have been on for about 30 seconds, they turn off and repeat the process. After about 45 seconds of that the fans kick into overdrive, they do this until I turn it off. I didnt change the system in anyway before the change. I would provide an error but the screen wont turn on and there are no beep codes. Ive checked the wire connections to try to fix that issue without provail. Any sort of help would be amazing to have right now! Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
89 86 3 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF wont turn on. Can someone help me fix it?

I have a DC5750 that's got a similar problem.  I'm assuming something is failing due to age, but I have found a way to get mine to boot.

Here's what I have to do.  It feels akin to jump starting a car.

Remove the power cable from the back of the power supply.  Plug it back in.  Try the power switch on the computer.  Listen to for the computer to boot.  If it doesn't, pull the plug.  Plug it back in and repeat.

Another thing I try.  Sometimes when I remove the plug from the back, I will then press the power button on the system and the system may attempt to boot from whatever remaining power is in the capacitors.  I'll press it a few times until all the power is drained.  Then I'll connect the power cord again and try the switch.

Good luck.  Hope you get it booting again.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation