Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My HP ENVY Phoenix 800 takes forever to start

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 800-000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY Phoenix 800-015eo takes forever to start. I press the start button and I have to wait between 5 to 20 minutes before it starts, sometimes even more. When the computer is up and running it's fine and all.

I reinstalled Windows but with no result.

My brother has the same coputer as me but his cumpter starts up in less than 30 seconds.

It hasn't allways been this way, it started about 6 months ago. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,810 5,043
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please review this posted information.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Reconnect hard drive cable with another slot and try. Also check if the processor is getting enough power and whether it is getting heated. Remove battery and jumper and start the computer then shut the computer and reconnect battery and jumper.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation