Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP M01-F0027NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone. I own a HP M01-F0027NA that restarted to install a bios update. It said update failed and now no screen.

before you post the exact same stuff from this forum: Black screen after failed bios update - HP Support Community - 6575489.  

I have tried recovery bios flash drives and the bios backup from hdd. Nothing at all. 

Anything apprieciated!!

Thanks,

Dom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Avoid HPSA updates in the future.

This HP site (Link) has the official steps to recover a bad HPSA BIOS update.

You will need HP factory service (reprogram the BIOS or replace the MB) if the above site suggestions don't work.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Avoid HPSA updates in the future.

This HP site (Link) has the official steps to recover a bad HPSA BIOS update.

You will need HP factory service (reprogram the BIOS or replace the MB) if the above site suggestions don't work.

Regards

HP Recommended

Since that didn't work what do i do now then? I will mention is that the update failed at about 5%. My warranty disclaims that the warranty is only for hardware and that they cant fix it without a charge since there is no hardware fault. But is there a hardware fault that they can look at with warranty??

Thanks,

Dom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.