Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN - Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-9700 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 1TB Hard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc won’t turn on:

I held the power on button for 4 seconds that didn’t work, I turned off the power source and looked on the inside and didn’t find any problems. Can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

dead PC 101

the fans are all silent?

if DVD is there the try button eject is dead?

the power button lamp  glows correctly per the manual,  on PC and monitor;."? no blink and no amber is most models.

wall power not dead, AC

AC cord to PC is fully re-seated.?

the mobo on many  PC have LED center of mobo for standby power indications,  or use  meter on the pin9 purple wire on 24pin PSU plug (we back probe this )\

No beep codes, no FLASHING LED codes.?

RTC coin cell battery not dead, or BIOS GOES nuts and will never boot like this.

a dead PC truly (by above fact)

has just 2 caused, amazing no? maybe 3. (true dead PC) only, not a dead monitor.

1. PSU is bad, and dead, we bench test them all, ask.
  2. PSU is 100% overloaded, and can fail to turn on or fail after only 1 second (ATX spec) and this magic keep that electrical fire thing from happening by law., NEC ,ete ,the PSU has  overload detectors many inside. to learn this we  do the PC strip down test,  to find WHO is shorted. up to 20 parts can short in most PCs so we do not guess we test.
  3. this is ESD , lightning latch up mode, now to clear that is here. steps 1 to4 there.

did you know even USB DEVICES shorted of ANY kind to the cable shield causes PSU overload? actually the Vbus chip detects that gross error and send the shutdown command to  the Intel south bridge, in under 1 second.

that is why the strip down test starts there USB.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

the service tag shows

what model it is fully

and the

nnnnnnnn#ABA,  product code, this magic code tells exactly what was shipped new, day1.  and super good for any helper to know.  please add that thanks.

no most modern HP (old had sticker on bottom of main chassis)

power on hammer Esc, go to BIOS info screen see all that,

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.