Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion's usb ports do not respond when I'm on the automatic repair blue screen option menu

HP Pavilion Slimline s5500la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I've recently installed a program which led to many different problems on my HP desktop computer I tried uninstalling the program and all of its components, but unfortunately someway somehow more than one of the program's components kept working and causing various problems, after a while of trying to fix the problems and errors with no success I decided that the best solution would be to restore the system with a restore point but also recently I had updated windows and I thought that the worse thing that will happen would be to reinstall all of the updates again but instead of that once I got back to my computer after letting it restore the system for a while I had a blue screen with an Automatic Repair option list: "Reset" and "Advanced Options" on which I cannot do anything because the keyboard and mouse do not respond 😞
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion's usb ports do not respond when I'm on the automatic repair blue screen option menu

@DanielMason

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Slimline s5500la Desktop PC. I read that due to some errors in a program you perform a system restore and now the PC does not boot into Windows. Now there is a blue screen with an Automatic Repair option list: "Reset" and "Advanced Options" on which you cannot do anything because the keyboard and mouse do not respond. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

The evidence points towards a corruption in the Windows operating system. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the PC by pressing and holding the power button of the PC.
  • Disconnect all cables and devices from the PC. Also, disconnect the power cable.
  • Press and hold the power button of the PC for 10 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cable, keyboard and the mouse to the PC. Power on the PC.

Please check and let me know if this is the blue screen or a similar screen you see on your PC:

Clicking the Reset this PC button

After restarting then you may check if the keyboard works this time at the blue screen.

Secondly, I see that the PC was originally shipped with Win7. You may attempt a system recovery (reinstall Windows). Please perform the steps mentioned under "Steps to follow for Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot) OR when unable to boot to login in screen" from this HP document.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, first I want to say thank you very much for your reply and that I'm really sorry for the delay in responding, I've been having kind of a bad week with some problems that apparently I don't have either the knowledge or the resources/tools to resolve, however thank you very much and yes that screen is similar to the one that I'm having.
This is my problem's structure:

• first I turn On my computer and everything goes on normally as always ( I can even access the BIOS menu and other options in the first boot screen that I always get in the beginning of the boot on my computer also both the keyboard and mouse seem to be working just perfectly in the BIOS and other menus so that's why I'm very confused about this problem)

• After that the Windows operating system starts and it's where things start to go wrong, first it gets to a Windows loading screen (dark background and windows 10 logo) with several dots in a circle, after some 30-45 seconds there a blue screen suddenly appears and reads: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart, We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." Then it does so.

• Once it restarts the computer, another dark Windows loading screen appears: "Preparing Automatic Repair" (here is where the keyboard and mouse turn off), followed by → "Diagnosing your PC".

• Last I get to the " Automatic Repair" Menu that reads: "Your PC did not start correctly" Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem, You can also Press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC.
Options: → [Restart] [Advanced Options]

And here is where the keyboard and mouse do not work.
I almost forgot the keyboard and mouse kept unresponsive on the blue screen menu after performing the instructions 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DanielMason

You're most welcome. 🙂

Thank you for replying with the detailed information. 

I suggest you to perform a Microsoft Push Button Reset. The Windows 10 has a push-button reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.

Hope this information helps. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation