11-16-2017 06:24 PM
11-17-2017 10:42 AM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Slimline s5500la Desktop PC. I read that due to some errors in a program you perform a system restore and now the PC does not boot into Windows. Now there is a blue screen with an Automatic Repair option list: "Reset" and "Advanced Options" on which you cannot do anything because the keyboard and mouse do not respond. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
The evidence points towards a corruption in the Windows operating system. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Power off the PC by pressing and holding the power button of the PC.
- Disconnect all cables and devices from the PC. Also, disconnect the power cable.
- Press and hold the power button of the PC for 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable, keyboard and the mouse to the PC. Power on the PC.
Please check and let me know if this is the blue screen or a similar screen you see on your PC:
After restarting then you may check if the keyboard works this time at the blue screen.
Secondly, I see that the PC was originally shipped with Win7. You may attempt a system recovery (reinstall Windows). Please perform the steps mentioned under "Steps to follow for Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot) OR when unable to boot to login in screen" from this HP document.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. Good luck! 🙂
11-19-2017 03:02 PM
This is my problem's structure:
• first I turn On my computer and everything goes on normally as always ( I can even access the BIOS menu and other options in the first boot screen that I always get in the beginning of the boot on my computer also both the keyboard and mouse seem to be working just perfectly in the BIOS and other menus so that's why I'm very confused about this problem)
• After that the Windows operating system starts and it's where things start to go wrong, first it gets to a Windows loading screen (dark background and windows 10 logo) with several dots in a circle, after some 30-45 seconds there a blue screen suddenly appears and reads: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart, We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." Then it does so.
• Once it restarts the computer, another dark Windows loading screen appears: "Preparing Automatic Repair" (here is where the keyboard and mouse turn off), followed by → "Diagnosing your PC".
• Last I get to the " Automatic Repair" Menu that reads: "Your PC did not start correctly" Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem, You can also Press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC.
Options: → [Restart] [Advanced Options]
And here is where the keyboard and mouse do not work.
I almost forgot the keyboard and mouse kept unresponsive on the blue screen menu after performing the instructions 😞
11-21-2017 04:14 PM
You're most welcome. 🙂
Thank you for replying with the detailed information.
I suggest you to perform a Microsoft Push Button Reset. The Windows 10 has a push-button reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.
Hope this information helps. Let me know the outcome. Good luck!