Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Pavillion Desktop needs an installation disc, and I don't have one.

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My PC stopped booting after an update attempt by my AVG Internet Protection software. It stops at the windows boot manager screen, prompting me to use the windows installation disc, which I do not have. How do I get a windows install disc, or is there another solution?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,432 107,613 17,051 26,105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Pavillion Desktop needs an installation disc, and I don't have one.

Hi:

You can reinstall W10 for free by creating a bootable USB installation flash drive using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

If you want to try and repair the installation, at the bottom left of the Install Now window, there is an option to 'Repair this PC.'

Make sure you create the right bit version of W10.  You posted 32 bit, but unless your PC is very old, it came with a 64 bit operating system.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation