Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
22-a113w

Everytime I try to log on to my desktop I am greeted with a choose your keyboard layout screen and then a troubleshoot screen. It has only 2 options: Troubleshoot and turn off your PC. There is no continue option and I've tried everything in the HP recovery Manager option and the advanced options. I've even tried to use windows boot manager but that doesn't work. It takes me back to the same two troubleshoot options. if anyone could help me then I would greatly appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It has only 2 options: Troubleshoot and turn off your PC.

After a few consecutive failures to successfully load Windows, the next restart of your computer opens to the "System Recovery" screen, and shows the above two options.

There is no continue option

Correct. Several consecutive times, Windows has failed to start. So, yet another attempt to start Windows will fail. So, you don't get the option to make yet another attempt.

I've tried everything in the HP recovery Manager option and the advanced options

Sigh.  Your current installation of Windows is totally mucked-up.

You must pay somebody, either at a computer store, e.g., "Geek Squad", or pay HP Support, to try to fix  your computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.