Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
omni 27
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP omni 27 will not start, i know that the power supply works because it charges one of my old laptops, but the ON button is unresponsive and the remote doesn't turn it on either. I took it apart before it stopped working, i removed the cpu and i put it back in again, cleaned the fans and everything. After I put it back together it won't start!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MKMKMK1

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see HP Omni 27 desktop pc is not responding correctly. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...)
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Was there any error message or code before computer stopped responding?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Resetting the BIOS when the computer screen is blank

Perform the following steps to reset the BIOS back to its default configuration to resolve a blank screen issue:

NOTE: You can perform these steps even if the computer screen or monitor is blank.
  1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key for eight seconds.

2. Press the Down arrow three times.

3. Press the Enter key two times.

4. The computer restarts.

If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step to turn off SATA Power Management.

Step 4: Turning off SATA Power Management (if HP logo screen displays)

If Windows was recently upgraded, Windows might be starting up into a Power Saving state and producing a blank screen before it loads. After Windows loads (about 2 minutes after turning on the computer), press the power button briefly or press the Suspend key on the keyboard to see if the computer comes out of a suspended state. If the computer opens into a suspended state every time the computer is started, use the following steps to disable Power Savings in the BIOS.

NOTE: You can perform these steps only if the screen displays the HP logo screen.
  1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press F10 until the BIOS setup utility opens.

2. In the BIOS Setup utility, press the Right Arrow key and select the Power tab.

1. Figure: Power tab
    Image of the Power tab

2. Press the Down Arrow key to select Hardware Power Management, and then press Enter.

3. Press the Right Arrow key to disable SATA Power Management.

Figure: SATA Power Management disabledImage of Power tab with SATA Power Management disabled

4. Press F10 to save the settings.

5. Press the Left Arrow key and select the File tab.

6. Press the Down Arrow key to select Save Changes and Exit, and then press Enter twice.

Figure: Save Change and Exit
    Image of the File tab with Save Changes and Exit selected

7. If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step to reseat loose internal components.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No sorry that did not work, i tried it 5 times. when i plugged in my keyboard i have no lights from the rgb, or lights from my mouse lazer

HP Recommended

the product number is :  B7G55EA#ABU

the model number is : 27-1110ea

do you need the serial number i have that as well

i am starting to think i might have to take it to a repair shop and have the cpu replaced 😞

HP Recommended

@MKMKMK1
Thank you for posting back. 

I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.