Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My PC, bought 14 months ago, does not return from sleep or suspend mode.

All-in-one 23-q119
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - my PC, which i bought, 14 monts go,  does not return from lseep mode. Have done all the updating etc and am now  asked to update the BIO and get the correct ROM Family SSID. I dont know what it is. Who can help ?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

A BIOS update will not necessarily fix a sleep resume problem. I would guess Microsoft has something to do with this problem, possibly a bad hardware or system driver. Maybe your PC has updated to the Fall Creator's update without you realizing it?

I see what you are saying.

There are three BIOS updates available having different motherboard SSID numbers.

You have a one out of three chance when selecting which BIOS update applies to your motherboard.

Don't know why HP does this?? BIOS updates should be MB specific as opposed to product number specific.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Tom - I noticed when considering a BIOS upgrade is that my ROM family SSID is 2B45, whereas my mother board is AMI AO.06 which normally has 2B43 SSID. So it has upgraded to an SSID that i think correcponds normally to AMI AO 10 or 11 i believe.  Could this be the issue ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Cupi

You are welcome.

That could be the issue.

The problem with a bad (mismatched) BIOS update is it may just abort or it could kill your MB.

Then you may be able to recover the BIOS or you may have to have HP fix it.

There are four or five different motherboards used by HP in the 23-q100 series PC's. the 23-q100 series PC's come in a touch or non-touch version.

Maybe you should contact HP Support on this. I don't know what MB version you have.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

I like the idea of HP fixing it, as i did not ask for what must be an (erroneous?) update.

Herbert

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

Download and run CPUID.

Maybe you can get more MB info using this tool.

Tom

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation