Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My PC gave signal before

HP Pavilion 500-102eo

hi, i have a stationary PC that worked fine last summer, i needed to restart it a few times until it started but now did we move to a house and we didnt use the pc, just once a week, it was filled with dust but i removed it all, well almost all and it still don work, the HDMI cable work fine and it did work before on the same tv screen as im trying on right now, last month did the PC atleast work 1/17 times approximently and. we brought it 5 years ago but it shouldnt just stop work or atleast the signal, i have seen a bounch of tutorials but none have helped really, so what should i do? i am not a PC expert so plz use english that i undertsand Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My PC gave signal before

> last month did the PC at least work 1/17 times approximately.

That is unacceptable that it did not start 100% of the time.

> we bought it 5 years ago

The disk-drive could be failing.

Note that the warranty for the disk-drive was either 1 or 2 years.

If the disk-drive fails during the warranty period, the manufacturer would replace it, at no cost to you.

But, since your disk-drive is out-of-warranty, you need to replace it, as soon as possible.

Compare to automobile tires that are 5 years old -- much of the tread is gone, but it still works OK, in dry weather. Under "stress", such as in wet or snowy weather, it definitely will not function as well.

There is a procedure called "disk-cloning", which, like a photo-copier, can make an exact (or as exact as possible) copy of your current disk-drive, onto a brand-new disk-drive.  Do it, while it the current disk-drive has some "residual" life, before the disk-drive completely "dies".

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation