Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sirs,

Every time I need to use my PC I have the same recurring problem. After switching on, it is 5 minutes before Windows Spotlight shows; nothing thereafter, for ever. Mouse movement activates the cursor across the screen but left click freezes the cursor. My external hard drive stops its intermittent fast flashing and remains as solid light. A few minutes after the freeze up, the monitor goes to sleep. At this time, I have to switch off the main button on the PC cabinet, wait one minute and then switch on again to go through the whole boot up process again. At this time the cursor does not freeze and the ‘sign in’ window appears. Signing in is then successful but no matter what application I am using the cursor will freeze spasmodically over a period of about 20/30 minutes. Only then am I able to use the machine trouble free. I’ve turned off all apps at start up but with no effect on the problem.

I'm not getting satisfactory results from Microsoft Community as yet.

Guidance please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Keithboy 

Just to see what happens, disconnect the external drive and then reboot the PC.  My guess is that it will boot then very quickly.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.