Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 22-c0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My all in one PC won't turn on but the power indicator light at the back of the PC is on when I plug

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Sam225

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the printer is not powering ON. I'd be happy to assist you.

Do you hear any kindly of sounds from the AIO? Like fan sound or beeps.

Remove discs and devices

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove any discs and USB devices.

3. Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

4. Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives.

5. Leave only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected.

After you have removed all discs and devices, turn on the computer.

• If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time, to determine which disc or device is causing the problem. If the issue is solved, troubleshooting is complete.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, press and hold the Power button to turn off the computer. Do not connect anything, and then continue troubleshooting.

Perform a hard reset

1. Turn off the computer. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.
  2. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the Power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator, which is on the power button or near it, might turn on briefly but then it goes off.

3. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilon all in one desktop that I have had for less than a year. It will not start at all. Used different outlet.  Nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi @Colleen_5-16

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Have you tried the steps provided in my previous post?

Keep me posted

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes. No little light when trying to turn it on or fan running nothing.

HP Recommended

@Colleen_5-16, that's unfortunate. This seems like a hardware failure. Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post helped, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.