2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Pavilion Desktop 510-p199na won’t boot up

Pavilion 510-p199na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hello,
My Pavilion Desktop 510-p199na won’t boot up. I don’t know much about computers, but managed to run a hardware diagnostics test, which logged the following ‘Failure ID’ GLY60W-8HR93N-XD4F7F-60X903.
I’d be grateful for any advice as to what this ID reference refers to & how I can get back up & running.
N.B. I DID have a screen flash up for a couple of seconds earlier which suggested that a fan wasn’t working (I don’t know what caused the screen to appear, but I haven’t been able to get it back since).
But I HAVE had the cover off & powered up & both of the two visible fans seem to be working fine.
The PC is just over 12 months old, has been working fine up until this morning & I haven’t knowingly installed anything new on it recently.
I can’t get Windows to start, I can’t start it in Safe Mode & none of the Options from the HP troubleshooting menu make any difference e.g. system restore, start-up repair etc
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,809 5,043
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try these posted troubleshooting articles and see if you can narrow down the issue.

The error code that you posted translates to a generic checksum error which could be a number of different devices.  The most common is a bad hard drive.

Create the USB diagnostic flash drive using the latest HP Diagnostics and see if the error is more specific with a different error code.

HP Hardware Diagnostics

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Big_Dave,
I’ll give those things a try
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation