Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer screen is saying no display??

I was on my computer last night, and I turned it off once I was finished. This morning i booted my PC up again,  and it looked like everything was going well, but my screen would not show anything. It only says “No Display”. I even purchased another computer to see if that was the problem and it still said no display on the screen, the caps lock button on my keyboard used to show when it’s on when I press it and it doesn’t light up anymore. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer screen is saying no display??

>  I even purchased another computer to see if that was the problem and it still said no display on the screen,

If two completely-different computers cannot output anything to your monitor, take your monitor and one of your computers to a friend's (or a family-member's) home, and try your computer with their monitor. 

If your monitor works with their computer, it's your computer that is the problem, not your monitor.

If your computer works with with their monitor, it's your monitor that is the problem.

> The caps lock button on my keyboard used to show when it’s on when I press it and it doesn’t light up anymore. 

This indicates that your computer is not sending any power to the keyboard.

When you turn the computer on, does the button open/close the CD/DVD media tray?

When you turn the computer on, can you feel air being exhausted from near where the power-cord connects into your computer?

When you turn the computer on, do you hear any fans start to spin?

When you turn the computer on, do you see any lights at all on your computer's face?

A few seconds after you turn the computer on, does it "beep" once, to indicate that the POST (Power On Self Test) has successfully completed?

When you turn the computer on, with the side-panel removed, do you see any spinning fans, or any lamps?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation