god_the_man
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My computer wont boot

HP Recommended
Pavilion hpe h9-1315t
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

So I found this computer lying around in my basement and I was planing on building a new pc i discided to sell the computer im having problems on to earn some funds. i attempted booting up and the fans started spining momentarily but then stoped. I would really like to know what went wrong. I am willing to replace parts

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Troubleshooting this symptom requires patience and known good replacement components.

It is usually cheaper to have a local PC technician take a look.

It is impossible to diagnose what component has failed in a forum.

I would start by cleaning the system with compressed air or a small electric duster made for cleaning PC internals.

Look at all connections on the motherboard (MB) to verify all is good.

Examine the MB for thermal damage. Examine the graphics card for thermal damage.

Start replacing or removing components (reboot the PC after each iteration), only connect monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

Install a new, inexpensive, CR2032 motherboard battery.

Power Supply. (replace)

RAM. (replace/remove) Remove all memory. Try one stick in each memory slot. Try one stick of new memory in each memory slot.

HDD, optical drive, Front Panel USB and Card Reader. (remove) Disconnect from system board.

Remove an existing discrete graphics card if applicable. Try onboard graphics. Try a different graphics card.

Processor. (remove and reseat or replace with a known good compatible processor). 

What's left?

The motherboard.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation