Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
System number: NY464AA-ABA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My desk top just won't turn on what sp ever. It has power all the way up until it reaches the mother board. Where the power button connects to the board theres no power at all. I dont know why the board isnt getting power please help. Contact info [Personal Information Removed]. Please help 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ryant01 

Are you saying that the power cables, that connect to the motherboard with 24-pin and additional connectors, are NOT supplying the necessary power? If so, HOW are you determining that?

Or, are you saying that pushing the power button fails to turn on the PC -- which is no indication at all that power is not being transferred through the power button leads.

If the desktop simply will not turn on, that could be  PSU problem (not providing power), a power switch problem (broken leads), or a basic motherboard problem -- NONE of which we are equipped to bebug from here.

For hardware diagnostics of the items mentioned, you would have to take your PC to a repair facility and pay them to run the diagnostics to see if the PSU is faulty and see what, if anything, they can determine about the motherboard.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.