Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My desktop screen is frozen. the scren has blue background .title is CHOOSE YOUR KEYBOARD LAYOUT

HP Pavilion series
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I do not remember specifics on what I was doing before the monitor froze. I noticed it the next day when I sat down to use the computer.

The background of the screen is blue. The screen says "Choose your keyboard layout" Below that a number of languages and/or countries are displayed.

Pressing escape, turning the compter off, etc does not remove it.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My desktop screen is frozen. the scren has blue background .title is CHOOSE YOUR KEYBOARD LAYOUT

> Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

XP? Really?

Approximately every 6 months, Microsoft releases a major update to Windows 10.

For example: March 2017, September 2017, and, most recently, April 2018.

It could be that your computer downloaded that "1804" update, and started to install it.

Does using the UP/DOWN arrows on your keyboard, or your mouse, allow you to change the display?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is Windows 10. I was thinking of a PC that I had a while ago-senior moment! No pressing the up and down does not help. I cannot see the mouse cursor on my screen— changed batteries, but still doesn’t work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I cannot see the mouse cursor on my screen— changed batteries, but still doesn’t work. 

Can you try a "corded" mouse?

Does pressing the TAB key on the keyboard move the on-screen "highlighting" from one "field" to another?

In other words, press TAB, and then try the UP/DOWN arrow-keys. Repeat a few times, as the "focus" moves from one field to another.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation