Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TouchSmart PC Model 310-1125y
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I upgraded my system from Windows 7 to Windows 8 years back.  Recently I upgraded to Windows 10.  All went well except I couldn’t print wirelessly as I was able to do prior to the upgrade.  So I went online looking for tips on how to resolve this problem.  One input was to first install all Windows 10 updates and then proceed to solve the network problem.  This seemed reasonable so I downloaded all the revisions. So far so good.  To Install them I needed to perform a Restart.  Not so good.  The system would not boot up and still won’t.

I’ve stepped through all the troubleshooting steps on your website to no avail.  When I push the start button I see a screen with the hp logo and function keys at the bottom.  Next screen says “preparing automatic repair” and there is a Windows 10 logo.  A circle of dots appears and rotates a few times then stops.  Then I lose that screen with the dots and the logo and a new screen appears with “Choose your keyboard layout” at the top.  There are choices from US to Azeri Latin, but the machine is non-responsive otherwise.  Using your troubleshooting steps I’ve tried repetitively pushing F11 and Esc, F2 and F9 with no change to the start up I’ve described above.

Please advise a course of action.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Don96

Legacy PC's (Windows 7) will have problems with newer versions of Windows 10.

Your PC was introduced by HP in 2011.

You are going to have problems with Windows 10 versions 1703 or 1709.

I think you may have to go back to HP Windows 7.

I hope you have been backing up new data as you go.

HP is not offering Windows 7 Recovery software for your PC. Did you make an HP Windows 7 Recovery disc set after purchase?

You may be able to get HP Recovery software from Computer Surgeons, or Restore Disks, or Best to Serve.

Tom

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Don96

Legacy PC's (Windows 7) will have problems with newer versions of Windows 10.

Your PC was introduced by HP in 2011.

You are going to have problems with Windows 10 versions 1703 or 1709.

I think you may have to go back to HP Windows 7.

I hope you have been backing up new data as you go.

HP is not offering Windows 7 Recovery software for your PC. Did you make an HP Windows 7 Recovery disc set after purchase?

You may be able to get HP Recovery software from Computer Surgeons, or Restore Disks, or Best to Serve.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.