Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My hp pc is being switched on by itself once the the electricity is on

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Contact HP by phone but do this when you are at the PC so you can supply product information.

Is your PC in warranty? HP will charge for service if your PC is out of warranty.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Is your PC in warranty?

Please provide your PC's product number only.

I really can't offer much assistance sans the product number. I don't know when your PC was manufactured by HP.

I can tell you newer ATX power supplies talk directly to the ATX MB for basic power on and power off states. It could also be a problem with the mechanical power on switch or the associated IC board or wiring.

So this problem could be with the PSU, or the motherboard, or the power switch.

You could pull the MB CR2032 MB battery, let the PC sit for about five minutes, then reinstall the MB battery. This will reset CMOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

hello,

Thanks for replying.i think it is bios proplem but i am not sure.when i tried to talk to the online support.they said we can't find ur serial number.i was using my mobile not my hp pc.should i use my pc.to talk to human support?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Contact HP by phone but do this when you are at the PC so you can supply product information.

Is your PC in warranty? HP will charge for service if your PC is out of warranty.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.