Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Stream 11

I tried to reset my computer, because I havent used it in a year or two, at first my password never worked, but I got it to. I charged it overnight and it started to reset, but it couldn't now all it does when I open the laptop it shuts down and turns on repeadedly.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this: Power off the laptop, then when you power it on, keep tapping the ESC key. When a blue menu comes up, press F11 to run system recovery. When recovery comes up, choose trouble shoot this PC, advanced, HP System Recovery. Follow the prompts. If all goes well, this will restore the laptop to an 'out of box' state (i.e like new when you bought it)

Let me know what happens

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.