INeedH3lpPlease
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

My pc is stuck on the HP logo

HP Recommended
Hp Envy h8 pc series
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
My pc randomly began to stop working, it's stuck on the HP loading screen I've tried pressing esc to open the startup menu but when I do that it just says "startup menu" in the corner, leaving me with nothing. All answers are appreciated!
7 REPLIES 7
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,691
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the exact model-number?

For example: HP ENVY h8-1414 Desktop PC Product Specifications  states:

Product number: H3Z00AA
Release date: 27-Sep-2012
Country/region sold in: United States

which implies that this computer is about 6 years old -- well beyond its initial one-year HP Warranty.

Given the exact model-number, your computer could be similarly old.

So, it could be the motherboard that is failing.

With the computer powered-off, and the AC power-cord removed, remove the side-panel, and look at the capacitors on the motherboard.  If any are leaking or bulging, your motherboard is "toast" -- it would be time to replace the entire computer.

0 Kudos
INeedH3lpPlease
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I listened to the beep codes, and it tells me "Unable to start flashing (such as when missing a utility or BIOS image)" what does this mean and how can I fix that?
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,691
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@INeedH3lpPlease wrote:
I listened to the beep codes, and it tells me
"Unable to start flashing (such as when missing a utility or BIOS image)" what does this mean and how can I fix that?

The term "flashing" means the process of updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output Software) on the motherboard.

Since you were extremely-unlikely to be "flashing", look at the rest of that document, for another explanation for the same "beep-codes".

Did you read something online about holding-down the "Windows" and "B" keys, while powering-on your computer? If so, that is one way to attempt to start the "flashing" process.

0 Kudos
INeedH3lpPlease
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That must be the wrong beep code then, I'll look for the correct one
0 Kudos
INeedH3lpPlease
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The only other beep code that matched is "Unable to initialize video or video card required but not installed" how can I fix this?
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,691
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@INeedH3lpPlease wrote:
That must be the wrong beep code then, I'll look for the correct one

The beep-code is correct, but your interpretation could be incorrect.

Check those capacitors on the motherboard -- motherboards of that vintage were suspectible to "blown" capacitors.

They just did not last as long as they were expected to last.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,691
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@INeedH3lpPlease wrote:
The only other beep code that matched is
"Unable to initialize video or video card required but not installed"
how can I fix this?

It depends on the exact model-number of your computer, which is _____________________________

Some models have video circuitry "integrated" onto the motherboard.

Some models have add-in graphic adapter cards, that connect to the motherboard.

Some models have "both".

The possible fixes are:

* if integrated, add-in a graphic adapter card, which will supercede the integrated circuitry,

* remove the add-in graphic adapter card, and then re-insert it, to make sure that it connects properly,

* replace the add-in graphic adapter card,

* remove the add-in graphic adapter card, and connect the monitor to the integrated port.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation